Youth who are between the ages of 8 and 18 on or before December 31 of the current year may enroll in 4-H clubs and groups as a traditional 4-H member. Youth who are 5 through 7 on or before December 31 of the current year may enroll in 4-H as a Cloverbud (for more info on Cloverbuds, please contact the Extension Office.)
- The first step in becoming a 4-H member is to choose a club that is right for you. Contact a local 4-H Club Leader to determine if the club schedule is compatible with your family schedule. Ask questions like: When are club meetings? What are the club requirements? How many activities does the club participate in yearly?
- Find the project(s) that is right for you. There are over 60 different projects divided into more than 225 divisions. These division range from creative arts, photography, model rocketry, foods, clothing, gardening, wildlife, woodworking, to dog obedience, small animals, horses, and livestock. Project costs vary.
- The 4-H program is offered at a very nominal annual fee ($20/member) by Colorado State University Extension in Bent County. The enrollment fee covers insurance, state and district dues. All educational project manuals are at the expense of the member. Enrollment for members who are planning to show/participate in the Bent County Fair are due on/or before March 1 of the current year; however, to take full advantage of the 4-H experience, youth are encouraged to enroll in the fall of the year. Enrollment is done online through 4hOnline.
- Have fun! The mission of 4-H is to help children grow into healthy, productive, and successful adults. This mission is accomplished through involvement of parents, volunteer leaders, and other adults who organize and conduct fun, educational experiences in community and family settings.
- February 26, 2022 – 1:00-3:00 AM Beef Tagging
- March 1, 2022 – 4-H Enrollment Deadline
- May 1, 2022 – Dog Identification Forms Due on 2-H Online
- May 1, 2022 – Horse Identification Forms Due on 4-H Online
- May 21, 2022 – 1:00 to 3:00 PM Small Animal Weigh In
- May 22, 2022 – 2:00 PM Hog Nomination Deadline
- June 11, 2022 – 1:00 to 3:00 PM Rabbit and Poultry Check In
- June 23, 2022 – Fair Entry Deadline (Bent County Fair Exhibits)
- July 2, 2022 – Fair Entry Written Corrections Deadline